Sunday, July 21, 2019

Just draw the curtain!!

So I was asked to attend this business meeting in Paris ofcourse on a short notice...It was to be a short 3 day trip! Short - 3 day?? Without my husband n daughter...No sir...It's not short for me...i cannot go to the "city of love " without my love...What will they do without me...Daughter hasn't been without me for more than a night in all of her 8 n a half years...How cud i travel like this...I can't! But I have to b there I am the presenter...So the night before travel while putting daughter to sleep ...I hugged n cried...When she could not take it anymore - "Mom...U r just going for 3 days...N u love the Eiffel...Last time when we went u didn't want to come back...So go...See Eiffel again n bring me a gift!" ..Those two left for their respective stuff next morning n i made some basundi for them...Wrote hand made cards...Kissed their pictures(talk about being over dramatic) n left.

Reached the beautiful Paris at night...Arrived at one of the finest hotels i have been to...I was to stay on floor 9..the lift had button that read ' Eiffel tower view' on 25...I wished I was on 25... Sigh! However...i checked my room and it was huge..Why am I here alone.. How would have my kid loved this room...It has everything she likes...Oh there is a huge tv too...Husband would have loved it....sigh sigh again ..There was a huge window...Length of my room ...With sheer curtains...I drew the curtains very little to peep outside....Looked at the rain...Saw the traffic moving on road....Sighed ...N called the two...Who were all fine. Next day went very well...Got good feedback... meetings till 7 in evening...I still had hopes of stepping out n getting a view of tower...But apparently Paris is facing tough times with its traffic scene...I would not have been able to go to Eiffel n b back in safe hours...So I joined others for a drink n chat...N reached hotel at 9.30...Drained...came back to my room....Called the family...Who were all fine still. I got up next morning....Got ready...I had to check out today...I was ready...There was poster of Eiffel in my room...I clicked a selfie with it....If I cud fool my daughter that mumma actually saw Eiffel...sigh again...I still had 5 mins to kill...Went to the window....Drew the curtains wider..All open...On my right...I spotted something...i squinted....What!!.Am i seeing the Eiffel...right in front of me...from my room.. was so thrilled...I started laughing...On my own, loudly...i took a selfie immediately...Appreciated the tower some more...I had to leave...Time was up....But I couldn't thank God enough that I atleast now i got to see it...The rest of the day was well spent and I returned home...To the two were happy to see me and were all fine.

 The whole trip back home...I could not get over this thought-- I could have seen Eiffel tower all I wanted for 3 days.... I could have seen the tower whole 2 nights lying in my bed..It's diamond lights go on n off! ...I just had to draw the curtain ...One bloody curtain...N i dint!! Why !! Cos i was so absorbed in my problems...My sadness of being alone that I shut out everything. This episode made me realise...i do this a lot....Focus too much on my little problems..that I might not see a big opportunity placed in my way...have seen most of my friends do same....Agree as women we have many issues n all seem very big at that moment..A child with fever...An angry email from boss..An unhappy mother in law...Husband's missing sock that we misplaced ...But we have to learn to look beyond it...We have to move that curtain ...We have the room with a view of Eiffel tower...We just have to draw the curtain...We have to learn to lock our problems away when required and focus on something that we dream of!

No comments:

Post a Comment