Sunday, July 21, 2019

Find ur tribe!

Swagata,Aditya n Poonam looked at me with all compassion n told all would be fine...they even stuffed some food in my mouth and cracked some silly jokes to make  me laugh.

Bindu n Roli called before I boarded  from Bangalore...n assured that nothing would ever change our equation.

Buckets of tears were shed in front of Rahul n Adit who had come to drop at airport and hugs exchanged...

Mom n Dad called and said good byes ...again with a promise that all will turn out good.

..I was to leave Bangalore and go to a new place...how would i survive .I will miss Bangalore n miss India n miss everything n everyone....Shantiji and my friends with whom chai everyday was a must...i would miss my help Sabina who always cheerfully made that chai at home...i would miss friends whom I hardly met but were just a call away...would miss Sufi..Anvi's bestie...My parents n in-laws who would rush to Bangalore on a call and whom I could run to in the hour of need. Would miss the Christmas trips with the close clan..basically everything we knew was to change ...I was to leave Bangalore n go to Sheffield.

Present Day:
Tears were shed ...Claire gifted a hand made painting on back of it was written - she would miss me but she hoped all would be well in Canada.
..Simi in my stiffling hug told me she will miss me more but is hoping for my best ....

Team members who had now become a family, in past 2 years brought gifts n cards... arranged for lunches, n teas ...and cheerfully reminded me of my crazy episodes in past. Bosses gave a warm farewell and made sure my transfer was smooth.

There were few whom I had missed to inform about the move but they called to wish and dropped by to pack and called my move to another country a crazy step while helping with the packing.

I was going to miss my home for more than 2 years now...All the fun we had, books we had read, parks we had visited, cities we had explored, the office, school everything but what I would miss the most is the people...

The people who had rushed to see me when I broke my foot, friends who stood up for me in an argument , friends who could see my face and tell i needed a tea, friends who loved my daughter like their own...friends who came home early to apply make up on me for the evening party, friends who would hate to see me go but would still want me to do best for my family,

Again Roli n Bindu were called n asked for assurance... .No matter where I go..U will b my constants.

Mom, Dad Rahul were called n wishes were taken...admist the realization that I am moving farther away...

But then when I sat in my flight and in between the dozing on n off sessions..i realised how lucky i have been ...I was crying to leave Bangalore n come to Sheffield and now I m crying while leaving Sheffield.

What had changed is...I had luckily found  people worth crying for...the most amazing and kind souls who would root for me wherever I go...who will have my back..In 2 years I had found dance partners and chat partners...girls who hated cooking and boys whom I could gang up with, my daughter found her best friend here..she made friends who told her how much she meant to them and teachers who actually shed tears when she said good bye...We had found our clan..our tribe in a foreign land..N that's how we had not just survived but had a most memorable n meaningful stay.

I wish for myself and all of us to have the will n courage to put ourselves out in the world and find our tribe ..Give and receive love and move on if we have to ...with the hope of better tomorrow and the promise to foster the bonds created.

No comments:

Post a Comment