Sunday, March 6, 2022

If Wishes were Horses!

If wishes were horses!!!

Was watching this TV show on a Friday evening where the protagonist goes to a restaurant with live music cos he feels that Live Music drowns every sorrow..n seeing that i felt the sudden urge to listen to music- live music.....a heartfelt wish!!

The next morning I had an appointment for my hair with Michelle. I reached there, we were seeing each other after long.. we had an earnest chat for a bit and she got on to her business. A few minutes later a gentleman walked in and the casual greetings were exchanged again. In a few minutes he was  on the chair next to me.

After a few minutes the conversation amongst Michelle, the gentleman whose name was - Mr. François and the other hair dresser gained momentum, it is imperative to mention at this point that this conversation was entirely in French and I do not catch a word when they r in full speed. the only bilingual person in the salon is my hairdresser Michelle who suddenly briught up my name in tht conversation- ya i caught that!

Now all 3 of them started saying -- Ruusha more than once, Michelle sensed my discomfort n translated - " i told Mr.Francois that if u want to practise English, talk to Ruusha, to which Mr Francois said he cannot speak English but he can sing for u in English"

My eyes popped in disbelief....this can't b happening.. "ofcourse...please sing" n the next words i heard were those of Mr.Francoise- he started on a high note and what followed was Frank Sinatra's - "My Way"...
Within few seconds his powerful voice filled the salon....n in next few seconds i was transported into another reality...all i cud hear was his melodious n heartfelt words...it was like sitting in an opera...i was mildly aware of my hair being cut or Mr.Francoise hair being dried or anything around me....

Once he finished.. i clapped n it was absolutely involuntary!!

I had just witnessed brilliance...my eyes could not retain the joy...n seeing me happy gave the amazing artist such satisfaction!!

Mr Francois is a boxer - singer, the combination as rare as the man himself. He stoped singing professionally a few years ago as it dint give him much joy and now only sang for friends.n yet I had the privilege to hear him :-)

It is on such days that i believe in magic!! I believe in the power of wishes!!🤩






No comments:

Post a Comment